Follow Ed Baca by Email



You can receive updates directly to your email by entering your email address below.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Our Responsibility to Vote

My friends and neighbors, I was struggling to find words that describe the distasteful and humiliating situation this general election has brought out, that has reflected so badly on our city.  Acts/or Failures of our city government, Intended or Unintended, are none-the-less undesirable and unwanted.

It has been made clearly evident that the DIXIE AMBULANCE ISSUE, THE ANIMAL SHELTER ISSUE, THE PROPERTY RIGHTS ISSUE, THE CONFLICT OF INTEREST, AND SELECTIVE ENFORCEMENT ISSUE (which is now capped off with a pending civil suit that may cost the city and taxpayers thousands of dollars) is now confronting voters and begging for a solution.
As if this is not enough to bring you to your knees, the ugly allegation that city ordinance violations may have been perpetrated by an elected city official has now caused members of the community to demand an investigation of possible criminal behavior. WHAT are we citizens to do to rectify the mess we find ourselves in?
I mentioned that I was seeking the words to better express myself in reporting Chamber Activities when I happened to pick up my new cell phone seeking weather report on strong winds.

I don’t know what button I touched or what I did to bring to the screen a photograph of Thomas S. Monson, but there He was...facing me, and in large bold letters the words appeared stating “OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO RESCUE”
NOW, let me say that I STRONGLY believe in the Separation of State and Religion, but as I read the words I thought to myself this describes what is needed to be done in this General Election.
In my mind I changed the words of saving an individual spiritually into saving the City from further debacle of inappropriate governing.
I called out to my wife and told her what had happened.  She replied you were seeking an answer and you got it.  Follow your promptings.  Having been married 53 years I decided to follow my wife’s counsel.
So here goes the message I wished to send to VOTERS addressing the dilemma you may find yourself in when casting your ballot.
Please consider OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO RESCUE THE CITY… From City government that may have strayed from righteous behavior for one reason or another. From those that may have separated themselves from activity that provides fair, and honest, clean exercise of power when governing.
The City is almost certain to remain lost unless there awakens in us “VOTERS” a desire to rescue and save our City from further appearances of wrong doing.
Our task is not insurmountable, we “VOTERS” are acting to exercise our Constitutional Rights, our Best Judgment, by casting a VOTE for Good City Government.
VOTE NOVEMBER 5TH for the candidate YOU judge will to be most capable of representing your values and principals when conducting city business.
ED BACA

No comments:

Post a Comment